There are millions of licensed, real estate agents, brokers, etc, in the United States! Only, a small percentage of these individuals, however, are responsible, for the majority, of all the transactions, etc, however! The finest professionals, consistently, put, their clients, best interests, first, as well as consistently, proceeding, with the highest degree of personal and professional ethics, and integrity! Although, a combination, of a variety of skills, behaviors, abilities, attitude, etc, are important, and necessary, this article will attempt to look, specifically, at 5 specific areas, in terms of the most essential characteristics, etc! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, these items, and why they matter.
1. Client – first, ethical behavior/ focus: To serve and represent his clients, effectively, the finest professionals, consistently, proceed, with the highest ethical behavior and standards (ethics), and putting the best interests of his clients, first! Most states, and associated, real estate boards, require, conformity, with their Code of Ethics, but, the best agents, go further, consistently!
2. Pricing: Markets change, times change, and so do, needs, and market conditions and types, so the finest professionals, are experts, at pricing houses, according to specific, current conditions, and the local market, etc! It is important to realize, there is usually, a significant difference, between, listing, and selling prices, and buyers, and sellers, must realize, these differences, etc. If you are a homeowner, you need an agent, who, proactively, suggests pricing, based on local conditions, current trends, and, to a great extent, using a Comparative Market Analysis, etc.
3. Marketing: Great agents must be experts, in both, marketing, and selling houses. Marketing refers to the process, and actions, to attract, qualified, potential buyers, and taking the steps, and using the means, which get it done! On the other hand, selling is bringing the deal, to fruition!
4. Negotiating: Creating a meeting – of – the – minds, between a homeowner, and a well – suited, interested buyer, requires professional expertise, when it comes to negotiating, and getting the best deal (for his clients) done! When representing a seller, it means doing, everything, possible, to create, a combination of the best available/ plausible, price, at the best – terms, in the shortest period of time, in an effective, responsible way!
5. Pay attention to all details, and obstacles, from start, to finish: Great agents must pay keen attention, to all, related, details, from the start, to the closing! He must be prepared for all eventualities, and obstacles, handling these, in a positive way, as challenges, to overcome, instead of being overwhelmed, by perceiving them, as problems! It often means, holding one’s client’s hand, throughout, the entire transaction period!
You have a choice of selecting the right, real estate agent, to represent you! Since, for most, the asset value, of a house, is their single – biggest, financial asset, doesn’t it make sense, to interview, carefully, and choose, wisely!